The Laboratory of proteolytic mechanisms mediating neurodegeneration is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research and investigates the molecular mechanisms underlying Alzheimer’s disease pathogenesis.
We are looking for a junior lab technician who will join a team of postdocs and PhD students and provide hands-on support in tasks related to molecular biology, protein expression, purification and cell culture.
- Should hold a Bachelor degree in Biomedical, Biological Sciences, Chemistry or equivalent
- Should have good communication, organizational and writing skills
- Should be highly motivated and independent, while being able to interact effectively with other members of the team
- Should have experience with general molecular biology techniques, such as preparation of buffers, western blotting; experience with the expression and the purification of recombinant proteins is a plus
- Should be proficient in written and spoken English.
- General molecular biology tasks: DNA and protein analysis, transformation, DNA extraction, cloning
- General cell culture tasks: mammalian and insect cell culture, transfection and transduction
- Protein expression in bacterial, insect and mammalian systems
- Protein purification: immunoaffinity- and chromatography-based methods
- Data documentation in electronic format
- Maintenance of general lab supplies
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open-ended contract
Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please use the VIB HR Application tool. Applications by email will not be considered.
VIB’s research teams have a very international character (40 different nationalities in our Center), therefore we ask you to apply in English.
Additional required information:
- detailed CV
- name and contact information of referees (if available)
- motivation letter describing your experience
For more information: