VIB is a Life Sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. VIB performs basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. The VIB core facilities constitute the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allow scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies.
The VIB Core Facility Program comprises state-of-the art facilities, each with a specific technology focus and located on one of the VIB premises in Ghent, Leuven or Brussels (https://corefacilities.vib.be/). The role of these core facilities is to support the 1800 researchers at VIB with their expertise. The program has over 75 staff members and currently we are looking for an Officer to support the management of this institutional technology program.
You will work closely with the Head of the Core Facility Program and the individual Facility Heads, with whom you will run the daily operations
- Set-up and maintain frameworks that unify operations between the different individual cores (code of conduct, webpage, terms and conditions, contract overviews, marketing tools)
- Streamline administrative workflows for the institutional core facility program
- Assist with the implementation of new strategic projects
- Design templates for core facility reporting
- Assemble reporting documents
- Prepare presentations
- Organize core facility management meetings
- Interact with HR, finance and Innovation and Business Unit for data collection
- Liaise operational tasks with the respective Facility Heads
- Organize tasks for international consortia (including an annual technology forum and work group events)
- You possess a professional bachelor, master’s degree or equivalent through experience
- You are proficient in written and spoken English, the standard language in our international research environment
- You are highly responsive with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- You are meticulous, well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- You can combine a diversity of tasks and work with short deadlines
- You are able to work well in a team and work discreetly
- You have a strong sense of responsibility
- You have proficient computer skills in Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience in agenda management is an asset
- A varied and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative and international environment.
- In-house training
- Full time position with an open-ended contract
- Salary according to your experience, with several additional benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates have to apply through our online recruiting system to apply online.
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references