The lab of Jeroen Raes (VIB, KU Leuven) is looking for a bioinformatician (Master level) specialized in the computational analysis of microbiome data, with a particular emphasis on human-associated microbial communities in health and disease.
The candidate will work on data analysis in industrial partnerships of the Raes lab, and interact with industrial collaborators to report and discuss results and analysis strategies. Specifically, the candidate will focus on data-mining in public and internal gut-associated metagenomic datasets for the in silico design of biotherapeutic bacterial communities, in collaboration with MRM Health, a recent spin-off company of VIB and ProDigest. The candidate will be trained by experienced researchers in microbiome bioinformatics.
- Master degree in bioinformatics or equivalent
- Excellent programming skills (Perl/Python/R), proficiency in Unix/Linux and cluster experience
- Experience in omics data analysis (e.g. (meta)genomics, transcriptomics, proteomics, metabolomics data) is a plus
- Experience in microbial ecology and inference of microbial (metabolic) networks is a plus
- Experience in clinical data mining/machine learning, biomarker detection is a plus
The collaboration of VIB-KULeuven - MRM Health is an exciting opportunity to work into a multidisciplinary research team oriented to translational research, with a particular emphasis on clinical product development. We offer an environment excellent facilities and interaction with leading scientist in bioinformatics, microbiome and biomedical research at large.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.