About the Center
The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) is a world-leading plant science institute with the mission to integrate genetics, genomics, phenotyping, and bio-computing to unravel the biology of plants and to further explore the potential of plants to build a sustainable world.
PSB coordinates the activities of EU-SAGE, European Sustainable Agriculture through Genome Editing, which is a network representing 133 European plant science institutes and societies that have joined forces to provide information about genome editing and advocate for European and EU member state policies that enable the applications of genome editing for sustainable agriculture and food production in Europe.
You will support the development and coordination of outreach and engagement campaigns of EU-SAGE, including through newsletters, digital content, op-eds, and other communications content towards various audiences including non-specialists, life science community, learned societies, European institutions, government departments, politicians and policymakers.
For the position of Communications and Advocacy Officer, we are looking for a versatile professional, with experience in providing overall communication support and in handling administrative tasks.
Within the overall context outlined above, the Communications and Advocacy Officer will be responsible for the following activities:
- Generating high-quality written and visual content for the EU-SAGE website and social media
- Managing the EU-SAGE website and the EU-SAGE twitter account
- Designing effective visualizations (infographics, photographs and short videos)
- Developing content for publications (policy or research-oriented), leaflets, factsheets and newsletters, including online articles and social media updates
- Being responsible for the reporting and monitoring of EU-SAGE activities as well as maintaining contact with external collaborators
- Contributing to the development and coordination of outreach and engagements campaigns
- Executing additional tasks as required within the scope of the grading of the role as directed by your supervisor Science Policy Manager and the Scientific Director of PSB
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, ideally you have knowledge of genome editing
- Written and oral fluency in English
- Broad scientific background and the ability to deep-dive into a scientific content
- Experience in developing and implementing (online) communication strategies
- Good intercultural communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility and constructive attitude in an evolving, fast-paced environment
- Good understanding or a keen interest to learn the functioning of the EU institutions, the EU policy-making process, initiatives and projects related to the Green Deal and F2F strategy
- Experience in policy/advocacy will be considered a plus
We offer a versatile and challenging full-time job in a stimulating international research environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure.
Startdate: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.