About the lab
The SWITCH Laboratory is one of the leading laboratories in human disease-related protein aggregation. It is an interdisciplinary workplace, bringing together about twenty researchers from different backgrounds, such as bioinformatics, biophysics and cell biology. SWITCH has a unique platform of technologies for studying protein aggregation, including biophysical, ultrastructural and cell biological instrumentations.
For a primer on who we are, what we do and our latest publications, see http://www.switchlab.org/
You will investigate the structure-activity relationship of aggregates of model peptides and Pept-ins, using biophysical techniques, formulation and variant screening. You will use modeling and experimental approaches to identify conformational subpopulations in a complex reaction mixture and to correlate their lifetime with biological activity readouts. The goal is to characterize and enrich the more active species with an eventual view of solving their structure.
- Ph.D. in biophysics and/or structure of protein aggregation
- Strong interest in protein aggregation and its role in disease.
- A solid publication record with first-author research publication(s) in peer-reviewed international journals
- Strong expertise in biophysical techniques such as light scattering, FTIR, rotor dyes…
- Experience with kinetic modeling
- Previous experience with optical tweezers or AFM is a plus
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, critical and creative
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team is a must
- Prior experience with high content analysis is a plus
- A versatile and challenging job
- A vibrant, world-class research environment operating at an international level
- Access to the resources of two host institutions:
- VIB (http://www.vib.be/en/about-vib/organization/Pages/default.aspx), an excellence-based research institute
- KU Leuven, one of Europe’s leading research universities (https://www.kuleuven.be/english/why-choose-kuleuven.html)
- State of the art research facilities
- A dedicated training program to broaden your expertise and enhance your skillset
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience
- Financial support for at least 1 year. The successful candidate is encouraged to obtain a personal fellowship (Marie-Curie, HFSP, EMBO, or national funding organizations)
Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
For more information contact email@example.com. Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV including a list of publications, a motivation letter, and the contact information of three referees.