VIB is a world-leading research institute in life sciences with 90 individual groups, thematically organized in 9 research centers. The unique combination of strategic basic research and a clear focus on innovation & business is one of the major contributors to its success. VIB is highly committed to being the driving force behind the growth of the dynamic life sciences cluster in Flanders (Belgium).
The VIB Science & Technology Unit (at headquarters in Ghent) supports the research community by installing institutional initiatives that help to create a stimulating environment where top science can flourish. Examples of such initiatives include a suite of policy instruments on accessing, de-risking, and disseminating cutting-edge research technologies (i.e., the Tech Watch Program and the institutional Core Facilities). Besides technology access, the team also helps VIB scientists with the preparation of (inter)national grant applications. To maintain the highest standards in research, the team also sets standards for peer-review evaluation of research, as well as to monitor and benchmark VIB’s research to measure the impact of its science output.
With the increasing number of projects, the Science & Technology Unit is searching for a motivated Assistant to join its support team.
As Assistant Science & Technology, you will work closely with the Science & Technology Managers. With their guidance, you will be responsible for administrative and organizational tasks within the team, as well as for collecting, uploading, formatting (and eventually integrating) data in databases. You will also build reports from these data sources and work with in-house developed project management tools.
Your main tasks will include:
- Administrative follow-up of a wide variety of projects
- Agenda- and meeting management
- Schedule (recurrent) meetings
- Book meeting rooms and organize online meetings
- Prepare meeting materials (written documents and presentations) and share them with the participants
- Interact with HR, finance and Innovation and Business Unit for data collection
- Upload data in the databases (publications, grants, reviewers, technologies)
- Regular QC checks of the data in the databases
- Compile reporting dashboards
- Design (new) reporting templates for quarterly task force meetings, annual output monitoring, and 5-yearly evaluations
- Support the development of new databases based on novel datasets
- Support the configuration of new analysis tools and/or pipelines
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Possesses a professional bachelor, (master’s degree) or equivalent through experience
- Is proficient in written and spoken English, the standard language in our international research environment
- Is meticulous, well-organized, and structured
- Can combine a diversity of tasks and work with short deadlines
- Is a positive team player, diplomatic and works discretely
- Has extensive computer skills in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and other online meeting tools, OneDrive, Forms)
- Is open to learning new software packages
- A varied and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative and international environment.
- Hands-on, In-house training
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- Salary according to your experience, with several additional benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates have to apply through our online recruiting system.
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references