About VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology
VIB is a life sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. We perform basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. VIB is an independent research institute of the government, with 1470 scientists from more than 60 countries working at UGent, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel and Hasselt University.
The VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology (CMB) focuses on the development of new and innovative molecular tools and technologies to challenge human health problems. The Center translates its novel technologies and insights to widely applicable research tools, vaccines, diagnostics and biopharmaceuticals. Our research pushes the boundaries of protein-focused biomolecular and bioinformatics research and engineering technologies. CMB educates and trains the next generation of medical biotechnology researchers and informs the public on the impact of biotechnology on human health.
- The Center for Medical Biotechnology is looking for a motivated and enthusiastic IT team member to manage our IT systems and to support our 150 users.
- Together with a colleague, you are responsible for managing the server infrastructure of the center, including the e-mail server, network shares, intranet, backup services, network routers and switches, WiFi and shared printers.
- The IT team is also responsible for the daily support of the users in the Center, the preparation of new PCs, user account management, and the purchase and maintenance of hardware.
- You work in a rapidly developing and challenging environment in which you, based on your own input, help to tailor the IT support to the needs of the researchers in the Center.
- You are a professional Bachelor of (bio) informatics or equivalent through experience
- You are communicative and enjoy working in an international team
- You are solution-oriented, you work meticulously and proactively, and you can display the necessary independence
- You want to learn continuously about the latest IT techniques and systems
- You speak and write English fluently
- A challenging, high-tech environment in biomedical research
- The opportunity to continuously acquire new knowledge
- An international working environment with young, highly motivated researchers
- A competitive salary and fringe benefits
- Full-time employment for an indefinite period
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
For more information, please contact Lennart Martens (Lennart.Martens@ugent.vib.be).
Interested candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be welcome until the position is filled.