The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain and Disease Research belongs to the Flemish Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) at KU Leuven (Gasthuisberg Campus, Leuven, Belgium). Today, 19 research groups are active within the institute, with a total of 325 employees.
We are searching for a full-time Grants Officer to support scientists with grant applications and regulatory compliance in the context of brain research.
You will be working at the Collaborative Research expertise unit under the guidance and supervision of Elsa Lauwers, sr research manager. This unit is a centralized team supporting research activities at our center with expertise in forging new collaborations and in helping the teams to apply for research funding as well as project organization, including ethics regulations, biobanking and data management.
Your works will consist of:
- Providing help and initiative with assembling collaborative research projects;
- Acting as ethics and compliance advisor for our research groups and ensuring awareness of these topics in our Center;
- Providing support with ethics authorizations and biobanking, including keeping track of the status of ethics applications, amendments, and other related documents;
- Maintaining good contacts with colleagues and other services of VIB, UZ Leuven and KU Leuven;
- Contributing to the development of grant-related tools at the level of the center and VIB, and follow-up with their implementation;
- Setting-up mini-sites to inform public/patients about projects using human biological material
- Master's degree in a relevant field (e.g. life sciences) or equal through experience and interest in legislation.
- You are accurate, self-determined and structured.
- You are able to prioritize, manage multiple assignments and communicate the status of assignments in a timely manner.
- You have excellent communication and diplomatic skills.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Interest in and aptitude for IT, especially data management, is a plus.
- Excellent command of Dutch and English (orally and in writing).
- Knowledge of the Belgian and EU regulatory environment for life science research is a plus.
- Proven experience in a similar role in the life science domain (academic or industrial) is a strong plus.
We offer a full-time employment contract, a varied position in an international scientific environment with a competitive salary package.
Start date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. Please include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing your interests, and contact details of referees (if available).