The Rademakers team at the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology, Belgium is seeking a highly motivated clinical research coordinator. The Rademakers team is a leader in the genetic and molecular studies of FTLD with a rich network of collaborations in clinical and basic neuroscience and access to unique patient samples and data.
To assist with the organization of the vast amount of biospecimens that are being used in our laboratory, we are seeking a clinical research coordinator. You will be responsible for the day-to-day communication with clinicians, pathologists and study coordinators at collaborating sites to identify relevant patients and obtain biospecimens and associated clinicopathological data for use in our projects. You will be involved with the biobanking of research materials and you will be responsible for the ethical committee approvals required to perform research studies. You will also assist with basic processing of biospecimens in the laboratory.
We seek a dynamic individual with excellent organizational and communication skills with an interest in neurodegenerative diseases.
- Bachelor or Master diploma with the desire to specialize in lab administration
- Experience with lab administration or the desire to learn (note that administration and communication will be at least 80% of the work)
- You are capable of independently planning, executing, and troubleshooting your daily work and take an interest in optimizing workflows to increase efficiency
- Strong social and communication skills, excellent knowledge of the English language
- Team player
- Proficient in the use of general Office packages
Desirable but not required
- Prior knowledge of neurodegenerative diseases
- Prior experience with handling or processing biological samples
- Prior knowledge on ethical regulations in human genetic research
- Prior knowledge on human biobanking legislation in Belgium
Key personal characteristics
- You are patient and persistent to handle samples and information with care
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and able to accurately compile and document information
- You can combine a diversity of tasks and work with deadlines
- You are well-organized and structured
- Team player and eager to learn
- Flexible in working hours on occasion → samples that come in the late afternoon or evening, need to be processed asap.
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A central position and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative and motivated team of scientists
- A stimulating and international research environment
- Hands-on, inhouse training
- Room to learn and grow in this position
Starting date: as soon as possible
Join us → how to apply?
Submit your application through the VIB online application tool. Be sure to include:
- a detailed CV
- a letter of motivation explaining why you are interested in our work and aspire the position of clinical research coordinator
- the names and contact details of 2 references
For more information please contact email@example.com
For more information about our research center https://uantwerpen.vib.be/