The Laboratory for the Research of Neurodegenerative Diseases headed by prof. Bart De Strooper is seeking an enthusiastic lab technician to perform large-scale single-cell and spatial transcriptomics experiments. The assays include spatial transcriptomics, single-cell transcriptomics, single-cell multi-omics, and spatial omics assays. The candidate will be trained in these advanced technologies, to handle the entire pipeline from biological sample to sequencing and image analysis. The job requires frequent interactions with neuropathologists, image analysis specialists, bioinformaticians and neuroscientists. This project is funded by an industrial project in collaboration with a start-up and will also offer opportunities for the longer term.
- Master Degree in life science programs including biochemistry, biology, biomedical sciences, engineering or related fields. Alternatively, the candidate may hold a professional bachelor degree, but with several years of experience in molecular biology.
- Strong expertise of histology, molecular biology and genetics
- Ability to collaboratively establish and run high-quality spatial omics or single-cell experiments
- Interested in tech transfer, Intellectual Property, biotech industry
- Project management and effective communication skills
- Good mastery of English language
- Experience with next-generation sequencing
- Experience with (droplet) microfluidics
- Experience with tissue culture, immunohistochemistry, cryostat
- Experience with image analysis
What we offer
- A stimulating, diverse, international and exceptionally strong research environment in a world-class academic laboratory with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease
- Opportunity to learn state of the art single-cell and spatial omics technology
- Opportunity to work with an excellent bioinformatics team
- Opportunity to drive a large discovery platform of neurogenerative diseases
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience
Start date: as soon as possible - the position is available immediately
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience, and a list of publications.
For more information: please contact email@example.com.