A lab technician position for plant single cell biology is available. Embedded within the Plant Single Cell Platform at the VIB Center for Plant Systems Biology, the successful candidate will provide technical support to accelerate ongoing single cell research activities within the department. As such, this position offers the opportunity to be part of various research projects, apply a diverse methodological skill set, explore state-of-the-art technology and work with a large variety of plant experimental systems.
About the Plant Single Cell Platform
The Plant Single Cell Platform focuses on the evaluation, implementation and development of novel single cell technologies and bioinformatics for plants. Once established, these technologies are provided to users within our large network of academic and industrial research partners. Areas of great interest include single cell genomics and transcriptomics, as well as spatial omics.
- You will assist in single cell experiments within the department, including e.g. support in sample preparation and cell isolation (protoplast and nuclei isolation, sample sectioning).
- As member of the Plant Single Cell Platform, you will also be involved in the development and implementation of novel single cell methods and techniques. This will require support and individual engagement in exploring novel protocols and technologies in a diverse plant research context.
- You will obtain in-house training for high-end technologies (incl. microtome, FACS, microfluidic chips and sorters) and apply the skill set independently on a daily basis.
- Precise documentation and internal communication of results is necessary to ensure an efficient and well-organized handling of simultaneous tasks and projects.
- You have a (professional) bachelor´s or master´s degree in laboratory science with a strong interest in plant biotechnology.
- You have hands-on experience with basic molecular techniques and preferably also growing and handling of plant material.
- Attention to detail, eager to learn, and a curiosity-driven, pragmatic work attitude is needed.
- Ability to work well independently and within a team environment.
- You are well-organized, proactive and have a sense of responsibility.
- You are proficient at reading, writing and speaking English.
- A full-time position for 1 year (Starting Date: as soon as possible and September 2021 the latest).
- Entrance into our dynamic, innovative and motivated team at the Plant Single Cell Platform with access to state-of-the-art VIB Core Facilities.
- Hands-on, inhouse training.
- The opportunity to develop as a single-cell transcriptomics expert in the plant field and within a strong network of both scientific and industrial collaborators.
How to apply?
For more information contact the Plant Single Cell Platform (email@example.com). Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter explaining why you are interested in working in single cell applications in plants and aspire the position as a lab technician.