The Lab of Tumor Inflammation and Angiogenesis is embedded within the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology (CCB). The research topics of the lab span the fields of tumor and inflammation, focusing on functional characterization of the hypoxia-response, a key environmental cue of the tumor microenvironment, on the consequent involvement of tumor metabolism in dictating the immune landscape, and on how immune cell positioning within the tumor impacts on function and phenotypic skewing of immune cells. To address these points, we take advantage of tissue-specific gene targeting and pharmacologic approaches in mice and combine the phenotype discovery with an extensive phenotypic characterization.
The VIB Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) (https://www.vibcancer.be) is one of the research departments of VIB within the University of Leuven and is located in the University Hospital Campus, Leuven. CCB hosts 11 research groups and in total represents a group of about 200 researchers, administrative and technical staff. The Center has a very diverse and highly international character, hosting researchers from at least 30 different countries.
The Lab of Massimiliano Mazzone is looking for a fulltime, highly motivated and dedicated Research Technician. The candidate will get the opportunity to train and work with a variety of experimental systems, from molecular to cellular biology to in vivo work.
- You will be part of a young and international research team with innovative research projects
- You will largely but not only be responsible to maintain the mouse breeding colonies (collecting samples and performing genotyping, manage online database)
- You will be responsible for performing a wide range of research experiments in the area ofmolecular biology (WB, IP, RNA extraction, qPCR, PCR, Maxiprep, cloning…) and cellular biology (cell culture, transfection, infection, cellular assays, FACS,…)
- You will be involved in mouse tumor studies (tumor inoculation, measurements, drug treatments, standard dissections, surgery…)
- Being part of a team, you will participate in daily laboratory management
- You have a Bachelor in Biomedical, Pharmaceutical or Medical Labtechnology or related
- You have obtained a FELASA B certificate
- You are strongly motivated and flexible to learn new things
- Energetic and determined starters are very welcome
- Being part of an international team you communicate fluently (written and spoken) in English
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Learn new state-of-the-art and pioneering techniques and tools
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
Starting date: 10/2021
How to apply?
Submit your application with detailed CV, motivation letter online via the VIB jobsite: https://jobs.vib.be/apply/3958...