VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders – Ghent University, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and Hasselt University.
The VIB Communications team coordinates VIB's communications strategy and ensures the global visibility of the institute's successes and activities.
Currently, the communication strategy is being revised, and we are transitioning to a more digital way of communicating. Moreover, VIB celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, during which several campaigns and activities will be launched. Thus, we are looking for a motivated colleague to support the team with our web initiatives.
- Together with the Digital Production Manager, develop a web content strategy for VIB sites that promotes brand awareness and conversions from B2B and B2C audiences.
- Design and set up digital conversion campaigns that drive traffic to VIB websites (i.e, SEO, SEM, paid Social Media, etc.)
- Create landing pages optimized according to UI/UX best practices. Conduct A/B tests of websites to validate web content and layouts.
- Write and produce content for online channels and, where applicable, provide strategic guidance to internal copywriting staff concerning SEO, keyword research, etc.
- Provide strategic advice to internal teams interested in leveraging web marketing to achieve business goals.
- Coordinate website development with external web developers, ensuring new features/capabilities align with business objectives. Troubleshoot issues with the website and escalate them to IT/web developers when necessary.
- When necessary, publish content and complete ad-hoc website-related requests.
- Interpret analytics data and produce reports/dashboards summarizing key insights for internal stakeholders.
- post-secondary education in the field of marketing and/or communications.
- 3-5 years of relevant, hands-on digital marketing experience, previous work within an agency environment is a bonus.
- Solid understanding of digital marketing concepts (i.e., funnels, buyer’s journey, etc.)
- Google analytics certification or similar
- Knowledge of content management systems (e.g., Drupal or similar)
- Solid understanding of UX design, working with brand guidelines, layout, and design standards.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps (i.e., Photoshop & Illustrator) and MS Office software.
What we offer
- Temporary position for 1 year with a possibility of extension/permanent
- A hybrid teleworking arrangement with flexible hours
- An international working environment
- A unique opportunity to have an influence on VIB’s long-term strategy as part of a newly created Digital Production team.
- Salary according to your experience, with several additional benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.