The VIB-VUB Center for Structural Biology (CSB) is a leading international research laboratory that hosts about 100 scientists structured in 9 research teams that share management, administration, and infrastructure. To optimize, integrate and support our growing IT infrastructure, we are looking to hire a talented IT Manager to join our team in Brussels. If you're a responsible and dedicated IT manager, our labs are a great place to grow your career.
- Planning, coordinating & supervising the IT efforts of our labs to ensure efficiency
- Setup and maintenance of a lab wide content management environment (ECM) with SharePoint
- Overseeing the daily management and maintenance of systems from individual PC, iMac, or Unix computers to networks and their security while striving to improve quality & professionalism
- Monitor performance of information technology systems to determine cost and productivity levels, and make recommendations for improving the IT infrastructure
- Developing & implementing policies & best practices for 100+ user community
- Identifying and acting on challenges & opportunities for continuous improvement
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Experience with leading and managing IT projects and rolling out IT infrastructures across various technologies
- Experience with SharePoint based applications
- Excellent working knowledge of computer systems, security, network, and systems administration, databases, and data storage systems hard- and software.
- Strong critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Excellent project management skills and strong ability to prioritize
- A firm grasp on IT infrastructure and operations best practices
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A central position and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative and motivated team of scientists in an international research environment
- Room to learn and grow in your position
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.