About the Lab
Maintaining protein homeostasis is a key to normal cell functioning and its perturbation leads to human disease. Standing at the intersection of Biochemistry, Proteomics, and Cancer Biology, our lab studies proteostasis control, namely regulatory mechanisms of protein post-translational modifications and degradation in health and disease. To achieve this, we have been taking a multi-faceted approach, combining different genetic approaches with comprehensive biochemical techniques. We are creating in vitro and in vivo models of cell transformation that mimic alterations found in cancer patients. These models provide a useful platform to delineate pathways involved in cancer development and to discover new anti-cancer therapeutic approaches.
We are looking for a research assistant to join our team and participate in cutting-edge cancer research projects. The research assistant will have the opportunity to play both leadership and supportive roles in projects. The successful candidate will perform lab experiments and conduct research, designing own projects, assisting lab members in their research projects, and supervising Ph.D. and MS students. Planning and troubleshooting of experiments as well as excellent laboratory management are expected.
- A Doctoral degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences or equivalent experience;
- Experience with molecular biology and biochemistry techniques;
- Felasa B or C certificate to work with animals;
- Experience in day-to-day management in a research environment and supporting Ph.D. and master students is a plus;
- You have problem-solving capabilities
- A positive attitude, good communication skills, and enthusiasm to be a part of the international team;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Dutch is required.
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A contract of indefinite duration.
- A stimulating research environment with access to the newest and state-of-the-art infrastructure and technologies.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Interested candidates should send full curriculum vitae including certificates.