Applications are invited for a Ph.D. student position in the lab of Anna Sablina at VIB-KULeuven Center for Cancer Biology in Leuven, Belgium. The Anna Sablina group is a pioneer in the investigation of cooperative interactions promoting human disease. To achieve this, we have taken a multi-faceted approach by combining mouse modelling with comprehensive CRISPR-based techniques and multi-omics approaches. The results of our studies have been published in multiple high-profile journals including Science, Cancer Cell, and Nature Cell Biology.
Our current research is aimed to decipher the proteostatic regulation of the RAS GTPases and its relevance to human health and disease. Our final goal is to identify specific therapeutic targets regulating RAS biology, that could be drugged for personalized therapy in cancer patients.
The lab is located in in a dynamic, stimulating, multidisciplinary work environment that shares a collaborative and international culture. Working language is English. A doctoral student research position is for a period of four years, in case of positive evaluation after the first year. The start date is ASAP.
Website - https://sablinalab.sites.vib.be/en
- Master in biochemistry, biology, biomedical sciences, bio-engineering with outstanding study results.
- Previous experience with or background in the field of cancer research is a bonus.
- You are fluent in English communication, quality-oriented and creative, and eager to emerge in new scientific disciplines.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. For more information please contact Dr. Anna Sablina – firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional required information:
1. A brief statement describing your projects, career goals, and research interests;
2. An up to date CV detailing education, research experience, skills, and publications;
3. Names and emails of three references who can provide letters of recommendation.