About the lab
The SWITCH Laboratory is one of the leading laboratories in human disease-related protein aggregation. It is an interdisciplinary workplace, bringing together about twenty researchers from different backgrounds, such as bioinformatics, biophysics and cell biology. SWITCH has a unique platform of technologies for studying protein aggregation, including biophysical, ultrastructural and cell biological instrumentations.
For a primer on who we are, what we do and our latest publications, see http://www.switchlab.org/
You will investigate the relation between cotranslational folding, the native protein structure, and its aggregation. You will use computational modelling techniques as well as experimental approaches, using purified proteins, cell-free translation assays, and in omics methods in cells. The goal is to identify the determinants of cotranslational protein aggregation and the role of aggregation gatekeepers therein.
- Ph.D. in a topic related to protein aggregation
- Strong interest in protein aggregation and its role in disease.
- A solid publication record with first-author research publication(s) in peer-reviewed international journals
- Expertise in biophysical or biochemical methods to study protein aggregation
- Previous experience with optical tweezers or AFM is a plus
- Previous experience with ribosome sequencing is a plus
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, critical and creative
- The ability to work in a multidisciplinary team is a must
- Prior experience with high content analysis is a plus
- A versatile and challenging job
- A vibrant, world-class research environment operating at an international level
- Access to the resources of two host institutions:
- VIB (http://www.vib.be/en/about-vib/organization/Pages/default.aspx), an excellence-based research institute
- KU Leuven, one of Europe’s leading research universities (https://www.kuleuven.be/english/why-choose-kuleuven.html)
- State of the art research facilities
- A dedicated training program to broaden your expertise and enhance your skillset
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience
- Financial support for at least 1 year. The successful candidate is encouraged to obtain a personal fellowship (Marie-Curie, HFSP, EMBO, or national funding organizations)
Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
For more information contact email@example.com. Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV including a list of publications, a motivation letter, and the contact information of three referees.
Interested in a virtual visit? Visit us at https://360.cbd.vib.be