The Laboratory for Intravital Imaging & Dynamics of Tumor Progression (https://scheelelab.sites.vib.be/en), headed by Prof. Colinda Scheele, seeks an Expert in Microscopy to establish an expertise unit in 3D/Intravital microscopy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation and development of advanced imaging technologies, including 3D imaging and intravital microscopy, within the VIB/KU Leuven Center for Cancer Biology. The candidate will drive the benchmarking of new microscopy technologies and the development of experimental tools and protocols to improve existing workflows, including implementation of image processing-, analysis-, and visualization software.
The candidate will create an expertise unit to facilitate access for all VIB researchers to state-of-the-art microscopy solutions for 3D and intravital microscopy. This role involves close collaboration with members of the VIB Center for Cancer Biology and beyond, with the aim to initiate collaborative imaging projects throughout the institute. Collaborations will include technical help and assistance with experimental design, hands-on experiments, image acquisition, and data analysis.
Profile and skills
- You hold a Ph.D. in the field of (computational) biology, biophysics, or cell biology with a focus on microscopy technologies (or any related fields).
- You have practical experience with advanced light-microscopy and confocal microscopy, experience with multiphoton imaging is a plus.
- You have extensive experience with image acquisition, visualization, and (commercially available) microscopy data analysis software.
- Experience in working with mouse models and cell/organoid culture is preferred.
- Experience with programming in Python/R is a plus.
- You are proactive, curious, and not afraid to take up (technically) challenging projects.
- You are a creative thinker and a collaborative team player.
- You have excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure, excellent core facilities, and diverse training opportunities
- A stimulating, research work environment where quality, professionalism, and team spirit are encouraged
- The opportunity to interact with world-class investigators at our VIB Center for Cancer Biology (CCB), KULeuven, and beyond.
How to apply?
- A detailed CV, including a list of your scientific publications
- An elaborate cover letter describing your motivation
- Contact information of 2 referees
For more information, please contact email@example.com
VIB is an entrepreneurial and vibrant non-profit research institute in Flanders-Belgium with a clear focus on groundbreaking research in life sciences. The VIB-KULeuven Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) (https://www.vibcancer.be), is one of the research departments of VIB located at the University Hospital Campus in Leuven, Belgium. CCB hosts 11 research groups and represents about 200 international researchers, administrative and technical collaborators. The focus of the CCB is to unravel the molecular basis of cancer, and whenever suitable, exploit these insights to develop novel therapeutic or diagnostic strategies.