The VIB-KU Leuven Laboratory of Ion Channel Research (LICR; gbiomed.kuleuven.be/LICR) is an internationally renowned center for research into the function of TRP channels and their roles in human health and disease. LICR is embedded in both the University of Leuven, one of Europe’s leading research universities (www.kuleuven.be/english/why-choose-kuleuven.html), and the VIB Center for Brain & Disease Research (cbd.vib.be), a research center focusing on basic mechanisms of the nervous system and related diseases.
For a translational, industry-funded project lead by Dr. Joris Vriens and Dr. Thomas Voets, we are currently seeking for a talented postdoctoral researcher to investigate the role of TRP channels in brain disorders. Using a combination of the state-of-the-art in vitro and in vivo approaches, the postdoctoral researcher will examine how inherited and acquired gain-of-function of neuronal TRP channels can cause epilepsy and neurodevelopmental disorders, and contribute to the development of novel pharmacotherapies to treat these disorders.
- Ph.D. in Biology, Neuroscience, Biomedical Sciences, Pharmacology or a related field.
- An original publication record with first-author research published in peer-reviewed international journals
- Good communication skills in spoken and written English
- Experience with in vivo rodent research; you have a Felasa B certificate or are willing to acquire it in the short term
- Prior experience with research related to the project (e.g. developmental neurobiology, epilepsy, TRP channels, in vivo pharmacology) is a plus
- You are a team player and look forward to working in a multidisciplinary team composed of PIs, postdocs, Ph.D. students and lab technicians
- A stimulating international research environment
- Access to top state-of-the-art research facilities and infrastructure
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Minimally 2-year funding is available but candidates are encouraged to apply for international postdoc fellowships (e.g., EMBO, MSCA, etc.).
Start of the project: April 1st, 2022; we are happy to cater this to the perfect candidate.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, two reference letters, and a motivation letter.