VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders – Ghent University, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and Hasselt University.
As we grow quickly and expand our activities, we want to streamline our operations further and leave the administration tasks in the hand of a skilled professional who works seamlessly with the team members so everyone can focus on what she or he does best.
- Ensure operational continuity by keeping track of stock and being the responsible go-to person for ordering with suppliers
- Verify invoices and perform pre-accounting steps
- Ensure smooth logistics
- Make business travel arrangements
- Calendar and mail management
- Document management and track follow-up activities
- Administration management for the ICT team
- Assist with training and presentation activities
- Aid in drafting internal user guides, policies, document procedures, …
- An experienced and versatile admin support
- A minimum of 2 years of experience
- You are proficient in English and Dutch. French and German are a plus.
- You are comfortable and flexible with digital tools required for the job
- You are eager to learn more about ICT
- You have a strong "can-do" attitude and like to see obstacles as an opportunity to try something new
- You get your energy from achieving something as a team and feel accountable for the team results as well as your own contribution to the team
- You can work independently but also know when to reach out for help
- You are pro-active in seeking how you can contribute best to the team
- Purpose in your job matters to you and you see values reflected in the service mission of ICT
- You are comfortable with a diverse set of tasks
- You feel great in a small agile team and contribute to a good working spirit
- You communicate well and are always respectful of others
- We value people for who they are and expect you to do too. We embrace diversity regardless of age, gender, belief, origin, or orientation.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.