The VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research (IRC, Ghent, Belgium) is currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join the Cell Clearance in Health and Disease Lab (headed by Prof. Ravichandran) to organize and analyze data obtained from various types of experiments, including:
- Transcriptomic data (i.e. RNAseq and single-cell RNAseq)
- Genetic and pharmacological screens
- Proteomic data
The candidate will also be asked to perform overrepresentation and enrichment analysis, detection of rhythmicity in data sets and to prepare figures and graphs for manuscripts. In addition, the candidate will be asked to develop a platform, that integrates multi-omics data created within the group in an accessible manner.
The VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research is a highly international research environment, focusing on the biology of inflammation and the mechanisms of inflammatory diseases. The person will be associated with the Unit for Cell Clearance in Health and Disease Lab, but also be embedded in the Bioinformatics Core Facility to stay informed and instructed about the newest developments.
Candidates with a bachelor's or master's degree in bioinformatics are strongly encouraged to apply, but the position is also open to candidates in other fields with equivalent experience in bioinformatics and data analysis.
- Able to work independently and well-performing in a team as well
- Organized and respecting deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Programming skills in R, experience in Python are a plus
- Keen interest in sequencing data processing and analysis
- Solid background in statistics and statistical modeling
- Interest in the development of own scripts
What we offer
- Exciting opportunity to work with highly motivated teams in an international research environment
- Opportunity to further develop your skills and be guided by experts in the fields of sequencing and data analysis
- Competitive package based on experience and expertise
- Open-ended contract
Want to apply?
- Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing your interests, and contact details of referees (if available).
- If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact Veronique.Vandevoorde@irc.vib-ugent.be