The INTEGRAL consortium is a Group of Expertise in Applied Research (GEAR), supported by funds from the Industrial Research Fund (IOF) of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB). INTEGRAL includes members of the VUB research group “In vivo Cellular and Molecular Imaging” (ICMI), the VUB/VIB research group “Cellular and Molecular Immunology” (CMIM) and the VUB research group “Molecular and Cellular Therapy” (LMCT) and aims at the valorization of a multimodal approach in cancer immunotherapy. The valorisation activities must contribute to achieving the consortium's IOF parameters: industrial income (P3), income from EU programs (P4), patents (P5) and spin-offs (P6).
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a full-time (m/f) Valorisation Manager, with a specific focus on the subdomain of cell therapies.
The valorization manager collaborates with the members of the consortium to develop and coordinate the clinical translation strategy and applications for a number of cell therapies currently in preclinical development within VUB and VIB, in particular dendritic cell and T cell therapies. This position requires sufficient seniority and strong and proactive collaboration with various stakeholders, including the tech transfer offices of VUB and VIB.
- In your position as valorization manager, you are responsible for designing, coordinating and following up a strategic master plan for the valorization and clinical translation of the involved cell therapies, taking into account aspects such as product research and development, regulatory aspects, market access, scaling up operations, to estimate the time schedule, operational needs and financial needs;
- You actively participate in the necessary fundraising, both via project applications to national and European authorities, as well as from companies and investment funds;
- You coordinate and contribute to the preparation of the necessary documentation and application files for first-in-human clinical studies;
- You coordinate and participate in the preparation of a business and financial plan, as well as an investment proposal for industrial applications of the cell therapies through licensing or spin-off creation.
- You have a Ph.D. in Sciences, Medical Sciences, Bio-engineering Sciences or another relevant discipline. Candidates with a Master of Science degree in a medical or scientific discipline may exceptionally be considered in case of an excellent and demonstrable track record in valorisation of research in the Life Science sector;
- You have demonstrable experience in valorisation of research in the Life Science sector, preferably in the context of cell therapy;
- You are familiar with the Flemish Innovation Policy and you have excellent interaction with national governments, sector organisations, industrial and academic experts.
- You have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and you have the necessary communication and administrative skills;
- You have a feel for both the academic and the business sector; relevant industrial experience is a strong asset;
- Experience in attracting external research from the business world and government in the field of basic and applied research at both national and international level is an advantage;
- Knowledge of technology transfer processes for academic knowledge, as well as having the necessary management capabilities to synergistically manage a wide variety of projects, provide an advantage;
- Experience with EU projects as well as various aspects of intellectual property rights management is preferred;
- You are quality-oriented, honest, creative and collaborative;
- Due to the national and international context of the position, a good active knowledge of English is necessary and knowledge of French is a plus. Good knowledge of Dutch is an important asset for the interaction with the government and the interpretation and development of policy documents.
- You have knowledge of at least the current MS Office software and you are also adept at making clear figures and diagrams.
Will you become our new colleague? Then we offer you a contract of indefinite duration (100%), subject to a positive interim evaluation. If desired, you can work via a service contract with invoices instead of through an appointment on the payroll.
We guarantee an open, involved and diverse workplace and we offer you opportunities to further develop your career.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online via the online application tool.
Any inquiries about this job opening can be sent to Geert Raes via firstname.lastname@example.org