The Laboratory of Motor plasticity for movements (PI: Aya Takeoka) at imec and the VIB-Neuroelectronics Research Flanders is seeking an organized and highly motivated lab technician to join our group. Our lab employs multi-disciplinary approaches, including genetics, quantitative behavior analysis, electrophysiology, and neural circuit mapping and manipulation to study the basic mechanisms underlying how we learn to control movements.
The lab technician will help manage the lab and support the team in daily research. He/She will be responsible for aspects of lab organization such as lab equipment maintenance, experimental preparation, and overseeing biosafety requirements. The successful candidate is also expected to take a leadership role in supporting research in the lab. We will provide training.
- Bachelor’s degree in biotechnology or related fields.
- The successful candidate must be meticulous, self-motivated, and able to troubleshoot and interact well with other members of a diverse research team.
- Is flexible and willing to obtain new expertise and experiences.
- Good verbal and written English and Dutch communication skills.
- Experience in cell cultures.
- Open-ended contract, competitive salary, and benefits.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their candidacy through the email@example.com.
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- cover letter
- your CV
- contact information of 2 references
For further information and questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position is immediately available