The Laboratory of proteolytic mechanisms mediating neurodegeneration is part of the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research at the University of Leuven and investigates the molecular mechanisms underlying Alzheimer’s disease pathogenicity.
We are looking for a junior lab technician to join a team of post-docs and Ph.D. students to provide hands-on support in tasks related to molecular biology, protein expression and purification and cell culture.
- You hold a Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Laboratory Technology (specialization: Pharmaceutical and Biological Laboratory Technology), Biomedical Sciences, Biology, Chemistry or equivalent
- You are well organized and able to accurately document your work
- You are able to work independently and perform well in a team
- You communicate effectively
- You are proficient in written and spoken English. You preferably also master the Dutch language
- You have experience in general molecular biology techniques and tissue culture
- Molecular biology tasks, including bacteria transformation, DNA extraction, DNA and protein gels, western blotting, etc
- Cell culture tasks that include the maintenance of mammalian and insect cell cultures, cell transfection and transduction methodologies
- Protein expression, purification and characterization tasks, including immunoaffinity- and chromatography- based methods, mutagenesis
- Documentation of results in electronic format
- General support to the lab and maintenance of general lab supplies and stocks
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Full-time open-ended contract
- Starting Date: as soon as possible, the position is immediately available
How to apply?
Interested candidates are invited to submit their candidacy in English through the VIB online application tool.
A complete application file should contain the following documents:
- Detailed CV
- Motivation letter describing your previous job experience
- Names and contact information of 3 references
For further information and questions, please send an email to Lucia Chavez (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Interested in a virtual visit? Visit us at https://360.cbd.vib.be