The Laboratory of Sleep and Synaptic Plasticity (PI: Sha Liu) at the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is seeking an organized and motivated Lab Technician to join our group. Our lab employs multi-disciplinary approaches, including Drosophila genetics, quantitative behavior analysis, electrophysiology, and neural circuit mapping and manipulation, to study the basic mechanisms underlying sleep and its function in the brain.
The lab technician will help us manage the lab and will support the team in daily research. The successful candidate is expected to help to perform various experiments in the lab and will be responsible for aspects of lab organization such as fly stock maintenance, experimental preparation, lab equipment maintenance, and overseeing biosafety requirements.
- A bachelor’s degree in biomedical/biochemical laboratory technologies or biomedical/electromechanical engineering or similar disciplines
- The successful candidates must be organized, detail-oriented, and self-motivated.
- Is flexible and willing to obtain new expertise and experiences.
- Good verbal and written English and Dutch communication skills.
Appreciated but not required
- Experiences with electron microscopy or confocal microscopy.
- Experiences in programming (Matlab, Python, R, etc.)
- Open-ended contract, competitive salary, and benefits.
- Technical and career development.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their candidacy through the VIB online application tool.
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- cover letter
- your CV
- contact information of 2 references
For further information and questions, please send an email to Sha Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position is immediately available.