The laboratory of Microglia and Inflammation in Neurological Diseases (MIND), headed by Renzo Mancuso, is a part of the VIB-Center for Molecular Neurology (CMN) and focuses on multiple aspects of microglial biology and neuroinflammation in Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative disorders.
We are looking for a lab technician who will join the team and provide hands-on support in tasks related to in vivo experiments in rodents, including administration of treatments, surgical procedures, as well as mouse colony maintenance.
- Should have a bachelor’s degree or master's degree in neuroscience, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, biomedicine, or related disciplines
- Should have good communication, organizational, and writing skills.
- Should be motivated and independent, while being able to interact effectively with other members of the team.
- Should have experience with mice and in vivo experiments.
- Should have at least a FELASA B certificate to perform experiments with mice
- Should be proficient in written and spoken English.
- General skills in molecular biology: DNA and RNA analysis, cloning, etc.
- Genotyping and general mouse colony maintenance.
- Mouse experiments including perfusion and tissue collection, administration of small molecules and antibodies, and surgical procedures
- Data documentation in electronic format
- Maintenance of general lab supplies
- Full-time position with a contract of one year. After a positive evaluation, this can be prolonged into an open-ended contract.
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A central position and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative, and motivated team of scientists
- A stimulating and international research environment
As part of the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology and VIB, the applicant will benefit from an exciting, international working environment, cutting-edge science, and high-end equipment, all surrounded by a wonderful team that will make you feel like home.
We also provide a highly interactive environment and ample training opportunities for your career development. In addition, the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology is located in the city of Antwerp, the capital of Flanders, offering a culturally and historically rich, and ethnically diverse environment.
Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing your interests, and contact details of referees (if available).
For more information: please contact email@example.com