VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders – Ghent University, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and Hasselt University.
The VIB Communications team coordinates VIB's communication strategy and monitors the worldwide visibility of the institute's successes and activities. Campaigns focusing on VIB research, technologies, and values are launched to reach different target audiences (academics, industry, press, and the broad public..) VIB.be is the central hub of those activities. At the moment the communications team is migrating and updating the content of the current website to a new environment. The team is looking for an enthusiastic colleague who can support this website project.
Education and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia, Web, and ICT
- Experience with SEO and online marketing
- Knowledge of Google Analytics is a plus
- Knowledge of Drupal is a plus
- You have strong communication skills (Dutch and English)
- You can work independently, but you also enjoy working in a team
- You have an eye for detail, but you can also take a helicopter view
- You are flexible, stress-resistant, and respect deadlines
- You are hands-on and accurate
Key Responsibilities include
- VIB is migrating the content of the current website(s) to one new environment. You will assist in this migration and in updating the content of the new VIB.be.
- You will help in optimizing the website for search engines.
- You will help improve design and user experience.
- You are responsible for preserving the graphical uniformity through all the pages of the website.
- Full-time with an open-ended contract
- A very diverse job with room for hybrid working
- The chance to contribute to the international visibility of VIB
- Competitive salary, extensive extra-legal benefits, and 32 days of holiday in a full-time 40-hour position
- A stimulating and supportive international environment
- Integration in a fun young vibrant team
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.