The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. At our center, researchers want to force a breakthrough in the cure of neuronal and neurodegenerative disorders. Starting from a deep understanding of normal brain and nerve function and a profound insight into the mechanisms underlying the development of disease, the center aims at developing novel therapeutic strategies.
We are searching for a full-time Neuroscience Communicator - Content Creator who is ready to bring the neuroscience and innovation achievements from our center to different audiences through various communication channels, and to engage in the organization and coordination of scientific and network events initiated by our Center.
You will work under the guidance and supervision of Patrik Verstreken, science director.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing a strategic communication plan to position the Center as a leader in neuroscience research;
- Liaising with the Center’s scientists on their latest scientific findings or achievements, as well as liaising with the different communities in the Center, and feeding this into content;
- Generating high-quality written and visual content for the Center’s website, published and online media, and social media, incl. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc;
- Actively managing and maintaining the website and social media channels;
- The creation of various communication materials ranging from brochures, images, videos, and infographics to podcasts;
- Organization and coordination of science events, such as our yearly Science Day, symposia, and other scientific events. You also support and report on scientific and networking initiatives from our postdoc association, Ph.D. student association, and scientific support association as well as our inclusion and diversity committee and Eco team;
- Actively communicating with charity foundations and supporting the Center’s participation in their events
- Maintaining the Center’s relations with local, national, and international stakeholders, including funding agencies, patient organizations, scientific collaborators, and the press;
- Keeping an active relationship with VIB’s communication office;
- Executing additional tasks as required within the scope of the role and in consultation with the Center’s management.
- Master's degree in life sciences/a relevant discipline and the ability to deep-dive into scientific content
- a Ph.D. is not required but is an important plus
- background in neuroscience is an asset
- Interest in neuroscience and the brain is a requirement
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Dutch and English, and diplomatic skills
- A real team player passionate about putting the spotlight on the researchers
- Strong sense of responsibility and positive, constructive attitude in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Willingness to engage and to be part of the community. Onsite presence is a requirement.
- Proven experience in a similar role is a plus.
- A full-time position in an international and diverse research environment in a world-class scientific institute
- An excellent compensation package based on expertise and experience
- Learning and development opportunities to broaden your expertise
Start date: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Please use the VIB HR Application tool
Additional required information:
- detailed CV
- motivation letter describing your interests
- names and contact information of 3 references (if available)
Interested in a virtual visit? Visit us at https://360.cbd.vib.be
For more information: please contact email@example.com