Passionate about entrepreneurship, biotechnology, agrifood, and bringing people together? Ready to support young biotech startups and ambitious scientists eager to turn their innovation into a viable company? Supporting individual teams closely in a personalised trajectory, identifying and solving technological and business challenges by connecting them with the most suited people in the network, sounds awesome? Then you're the colleague we're looking for! Come and join biotope by VIB.
biotope by VIB is an incubator program for biotech teams wanting to turn their innovation into a successful startup. Based in Flanders, biotope offers a stimulating environment where the leaders of tomorrow can strengthen both their business skills and technology in a personalized journey. Right from the start of the 12-month program, biotope supplies significant preseed funding and works hands-on with a small cohort, helping teams transform their innovative ideas into businesses ready for seed funding. The incubator supports success through mentoring and access to high-tech facilities, fostering connections to a network of world-class experts, partners, and investors. Biotope helps startups take root and grow in a flourishing life sciences ecosystem. For more information: www.biotope-incubator.com
We are looking for a startup coach for our agritech and foodtech startups. You will be their point of contact, advisor, and ecosystem connector, guiding them in their endeavour toward seed stage readiness.
What will you do?
As biotope is a new initiative with a small team, we are looking for a real octopus who loves to work on a multitude of activities and adapts to provide hands-on support where needed. You will have an important role in the biotope team that originated from the VIB offices and VIB Agro-Incubator in the Ghent area.
Your main tasks will include:
- Supporting biotech startups during their biotope journey until seed financing and beyond in a proactive supportive and hands-on way
- Scouting and convincing potential startup candidates and partners
- Identifying the scientific and business challenges and assisting the entrepreneurs in creating value, making connections, and setting up collaborations
- building relationships with the VIB and biotope ecosystem that benefit each startup
- Creating awareness for biotope by VIB by actively participating in relevant networking events and conferences in the local and international entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Guarantee diversity and impact throughout all communication and representations
Who are you?
- Get energized by really helping individual startup teams forward and enjoy being their trustee, answering their questions, advising them, and connecting them with other players in the biotope ecosystem
- Have a master’s degree in sciences, life sciences or bio-engineering
- Have several years of relevant working experience in either industry, as an entrepreneur or at the interface of agritech and/or foodtech and/or entrepreneurship, preferably in an international ecosystem
- Have a strong interest in follow-up trends and innovations in the field
- Love networking and building bridges
- Can spot opportunities, kick start new initiatives, motivate stakeholders, and execute a project to success
- Are a real team player with an outspoken, constructive attitude
- Get things done in an independent manner but can also keep the helicopter-view
- Like working at the edge of scientific progress and entrepreneurship
- Are preferably based in Belgium or willing to relocate in the near future
We offer you
biotope has only started its journey to becoming a leading European incubator for young biotech startups. As part of the biotope team, you will have plenty of opportunities to:
- Work with inspiring people
- Handle a high degree of responsibility
- Build and maintain a large international network of industrial, investment, service, and academic partners
- Co-develop the future of the biotope incubator program
- Broaden your expertise and develop your career
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.