VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders – Ghent University, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and Hasselt University.
VIB is hiring a project portfolio officer in the context of the Grand Challenges Program (VIB-GCP) to support the daily follow-up of the progress of the different VIB Grand Challenges projects.
The objective of the VIB Grand Challenges Program is to significantly increase the societal impact of VIB, hence taking its scientific leadership to the next level of global visibility, while keeping to its formula of success of a bottom-up, excellence-driven institute.
This program aims to structurally support translational and/or disruptive research programs around a specific ‘grand challenge’, with concrete objectives as proposed by VIB PIs, with as mandatory features:
- impact on science and society on a global scale
- trans-disciplinary by definition
- multi-PI collaboration by necessity and beyond VIB borders by default
To date, 11 projects have been selected (portfolio to date of 6 active projects) and another 3 will be added in June 2023.
The position will be based at the VIB headquarters in Ghent. You will report to the Grand Challenges Program manager.
- You will support the central VIB Grand Challenges office in the daily follow-up of the project portfolio.
- You will play a key role in the support of the different aspects of the management of these projects, which are translational by nature.
- This involves assisting the current team with progress status follow-up, impact monitoring and outreach, and multi-stakeholder activities.
- In addition, this also involves assisting the project consortia with project planning and budgeting, regulatory compliance (including data access and sharing modalities), reporting, and technology transfer/valorization
- Postdoc or intrinsic value/experience of comparable level
- Team player with relevant experience in project management, planning, organization, and follow-up
- Experience with valorization and technology transfer
- Strong communicator with service mindedness
- Fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English
Desirable but not required
- Experience in impact assessment and strategy
- Experience with or interest in digitalization
- Experience with public outreach and multi-stakeholder dialogue
- Open-ended contract
- Autonomy in daily functioning
- Regular feedback from the supervisor
- A hybrid teleworking arrangement with flexible hours
- An international working environment
- A unique opportunity to have an influence on VIB’s long-term strategy as part of the Grand Challenges Program
- Salary according to your experience, with several additional benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online