The Translational Onco-genomics and Bio-Informatics lab (tobi.ugent.be) at the VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology is seeking a bio-informatician to join the team. The overarching aim of the TOBI-team is the development of analytical and bioinformatic pipelines for diagnostic, prognostic, and predictive analysis enabling more precise cancer management. Prof. De Preter is the principal investigator of the TOBI-team (https://depreterlab.sites.vib.be/en) and a member of the Cancer Research Institute Ghent (CRIG: https://www.crig.ugent.be/en/prof-katleen-de-preter-phd).
About VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology
The VIB-UGent Center for Medical Biotechnology (CMB) focuses on the development of new and innovative molecular tools and technologies to challenge human health problems. The Center translates its novel technologies and insights to widely applicable research tools, vaccines, diagnostics, and biopharmaceuticals. Our research pushes the boundaries of biomolecular and bioinformatics research and engineering technologies.
- We are looking for a dry lab manager who can provide bio-informatic support to the cancer research team by aiding in the development, benchmarking, and application of bio-informatic pipelines.
- You will be involved in the management of the datasets as well as the developed pipelines.
- You will teach graduate students, Ph.D. students, and collaborators to use the bio-informatic pipelines developed in the team.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a Bachelor's diploma in bio-informatics or similar.
- You have experience in programming using Linux, R, and Python. Experience in high-performance computing and pipeline management using tools like snakemake or nextflow is a plus.
- Some experience in massive parallel sequencing analyses is a plus.
- You are a good communicator and a strong team player.
- You are proficient in English.
What we can offer you
- A full-time contract of 3 years that can be extended.
- Participation in an exciting research area within a multidisciplinary environment;
- being part of a stimulating and supportive research team operating at the international level and dedicated to improving survival of patients with cancer;
- become a member of an established leading research lab with a young, dynamic, and enthusiastic research staff with great team spirit;
- stimulating research environment with training opportunities to broaden your expertise and skills.
- Starting date: as soon as possible, the position is immediately available.
Interested candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible via the online system. Applications will be welcome until the position is filled.
Your application must include the following documents:
- A cover letter, your CV
- Your diploma with the required degree (if already in your possession). If you have a foreign diploma in a language other than our national languages (Dutch, French, or German) or English, please add a translation in one of the mentioned languages.
- Optionally: a reference letter, …
For more information about this vacancy, please contact Prof. Katleen De Preter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please, use the online form to submit your application. We only consider online applications.