The Vanderhaeghen Lab (https://pvdhlab.org ; @VanderhaeghenP2) at the VIB/KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research (http://cbd.sites.vib.be), is seeking a creative postdoctoral scientist to study the human-specific mechanisms of development and function of cortical neurons.
Join us to undertake a highly interdisciplinary project focusing on one exciting question: « what makes our brain human? » (Vanderhaeghen and Polleux, Nat. Rev. Neurosci. 2023).
We combine cutting-edge approaches such as pluripotent stem cell models of human corticogenesis, human-mouse brain xenotransplantation, mouse transgenesis, in vivo mouse brain imaging, ex vivo human brain analyses.
See more in selected references from the lab:
Vanderhaeghen P, Polleux F. Nat Rev Neurosci (2023) doi:10.1038/s41583-023-00675-z.
Iwata R, et al. Science (2023) 379: 1-9. doi:10.1126/science.abn4705
Libé-Philippot B., et al. biorxiv (2023) doi:10.1101/2023.03.01.530630. PPR
Vermaercke B., et al. bioRxiv (2023) doi:10.1101/2023.01.14.524054.
Libé-Philippot B., et al. bioRxiv (2022) biorxiv doi:10.1101/2022.12.21.521423.
Iwata R., et al. Science (2020) (6505) 858-862. doi:10.1126/science.aba9760.
Linaro et al. Neuron (2019) 104(5):972-986.e6
- We are seeking highly motivated individuals with a strong interest in neural development and evolution, and/or neural circuit assembly.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, biology, or related field.
- Creative, enthusiastic, critical thinking, enjoying teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Developmental biology, molecular neuroscience, or cell biology experience is a plus.
- A versatile and challenging academic position with very diverse contacts in a world-class research environment operating at an international level, and various opportunities to broaden your expertise
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
For more information contact: Pierre Vanderhaeghen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV incl. a list of publications, a motivation letter, and the contact information of three referees.
- Discover our Center and visit the website or look around during a virtual tour
- Follow us on social media: Facebook and Twitter