The Laboratory of Sleep and Synaptic Plasticity (PI: Sha Liu) at the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is seeking an organized and highly-motivated Lab Technician to join our group. Our lab employs multi-disciplinary approaches, including Drosophila genetics, quantitative behavior analysis, electrophysiology, functional imaging, and neural circuit manipulation, to study the basic mechanisms underlying sleep and its function in the brain by using fruit fly as the model system.
The technician will help us manage the lab and will support the team in daily research. The candidate will be responsible for aspects of lab organization such as lab maintenance, fly stock maintenance, experimental preparation, and overseeing biosafety requirements. Also, the successful candidate is also expected to perform experiments in the lab including molecular biology and fly neuroanatomy experiments.
- Recent Bachelor's degree in biology, biomedical engineering, or related fields.
- The successful candidate must be meticulous, detail-oriented and self-motivated, and able to interact well with other members of a diverse research team.
- Is flexible and willing to obtain new expertise and experiences.
- Good verbal and written English and Dutch communication skills.
Desired but not Required
- Experiences of molecular cloning.
- Experiences with confocal or Electron Microscopy.
- Good technical and career training.
- Open-ended contract, competitive salary, and benefits.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their candidacy through the VIB online application tool.
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter stating career goals, past experience, and how these relate to the current position
- your CV
- contact information of 2 references
For further information and questions, please send an email to Sha Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The position is immediately available.
- Discover our Center and visit the website or look around during a virtual tour
- Follow us on social media: Facebook and Twitter