The laboratory of Microglia and Inflammation in Neurological Diseases (MIND), headed by Renzo Mancuso, is a part of the VIB-Center for Molecular Neurology (CMN) and focuses on multiple aspects of microglial biology and neuroinflammation in Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia, and other brain disorders.
We are looking for a scientist/lab technician who will join the team and provide hands-on support in tasks related to molecular biology, cell culture, and mouse experiments.
- Should have a (professional) bachelor’s degree, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, biomedicine, or related disciplines.
- Both experience and junior candidates will be considered.
- Should have good communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Should be motivated and independent, while being able to interact effectively with other members of the team.
- Should have experience with general molecular biology techniques.
- Should be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Should be able to work independently in relation or lab organization
- Will be responsible for the daily organization of the lab, including biobanking activities, mouse colony maintenance, and general lab supplies
- Since you will be involved in experiments with laboratory animals, you will need at least FELASA B certificate
- General molecular biology tasks: DNA and RNA analysis, cloning, etc.
- Mouse colony maintenance and experiments
- Cell culture task: cell lines and iPSC
- Flow cytometry and histology
- Data documentation in electronic format
- Maintenance of general lab supplies and ordering of consumables
- General structural tasks related to biobanking
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A central position and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative, and motivated team of scientists
- A stimulating and international research environment
As part of the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology and VIB, the applicant will benefit from established collaborations and access to centralized facilities with expertise in genomics, functional genomics and cell biology, proteomics, cutting-edge microscopy, structural biology, technology development, and bioinformatics.
VIB provides a highly interactive environment and ample training opportunities for its researchers. In addition, the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology is located in the city of Antwerp, the capital of Flanders, offering a culturally and historically rich, and ethnically diverse environment.
Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing your interests, and contact details of referees (if available).
For more information: please contact email@example.com